Blackburn, Childers & Steagall, PLC has over 50 years of experience providing governmental auditing services. Due to our emphasis on our governmental services, we are members of the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC). The GAQC works to promote the importance of quality governmental audits.
We have assembled a dedicated governmental client service team that fully understands all aspects that effect governmental entities. Each year, we attend a wide array of continuing professional education to help stay abreast of all related Government Auditing Standards and OMB Circular A-133 requirements. Our governmental client service team also has conducted training sessions for local governmental and nonprofit entities in the Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia region.
Our commitment to performing high quality audits is further demonstrated by two of our team members passing the new AICPA Single Audit Certificate Program. This program, developed by experts from the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center, tests the candidates ability to plan, direct and report on single audits in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
Three members of our team have the Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE) Certification.
Experience with auditing services in the following entities:
- Local Governments
- Board of Education and School Activity Funds
- Utility Districts
- Airport Authorities
Some of the benefits of Blackburn, Childers & Steagall, PLC include:
- Timely and efficient audit approach.
- Recommendations for you to improve operating efficiencies and comply with ever changing Government Auditing Standards.
- Experience assisting clients obtaining and maintaining the Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- Experience with compliance requirements for governmental entities issued by the State of Tennessee Comptroller’s office as well as the State of Virginia, Auditor of Public Accounts.